Thursday 1 April 2010

Wrote To My MP

Today I sent this to my MP, Mr David Wright.


Dear David Wright,

I am writing to you about the Digital Economy Bill currently going
through the legislative process (forgive me if I don't know the correct
terms). As someone who works in the ISP industry and also is a keen
supporter of open source software I am aware that this bill is likely
to be included in the "wash up" process soon to take place. I am
extremely concerned that this important bill will not be given the full
scrutiny of Parliament if this is allowed to happen and thus the
interests of the incumbent industries will take precedent. This will be
to the detriment of the new and exciting digital economy that is vital
to this country. All I request is that you do what you can to stop this
bill going into the "wash up" process and that it is afforded the full
parliamentary process that it and the people of this country deserve.

Thank you for time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Jon Farmer.


All courtesy of www.writetothem.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment